BELLPORT VILLAGE

Summer camp and concerts: Bellport awaits guidelines

Posted

Last week, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced day and overnight camps can begin planning for summer reopening. According to the governor’s announcement, all facilities must submit reopening plans with health protocols to

the local health department.

Face coverings and masks will be required for attendees and staff, as will temperature checks prior to entering.

"We always have Suffolk County Health Department review our summer camp plans and procedures and they come in and inspect them,” Fell said.

That’s good news for Bellport Village’s summer camp.

“We usually get 280 kids, but last year we ran one with 160 kids,” Fell said. “The camp usually started in the Community Center, but last year we had four locations for gatherings. It was the Community Center, the park by the gazebo, and the fields at the end of Bell Street and Maple Avenue. We met there and the kids were picked up from these locations.”

State guidelines will determine if that scenario occurs again this year, he said.

“I also just spoke to John Hannon, who schedules our summer concert program, and we’re planning a schedule,” Fell said on Monday.

Fell said in the past, concerts would attract 300 people on Wednesday nights, “but the state guidelines will probably dictate less,” he said.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment