Fire reported at Patchogue Medford High School
A fire was reported at Patchogue Medford High school this morning. Students were evacuated and eventually sent home for the day. There were no injuries reported.
According to a message left for parents by the district, the fire was located near room 109 on the southwest corner of the building near the cafeteria. A heater motor "fried" in the venthilation system. The Medford Fire Department responded and has now left the scene. Officials are in the process of determining when the building will be safe to enter. There is a strong smell currently, the message said.
This is a developing story and we will update when more information is available.
Like what you have read? Click here to subscribe to the Long Island Advance so you can read more stories like this, and find out everything that’s going on in your town!